...Over the years I think it grew into not only a real golf course it also grew into a fairly tight membership with a lot of friendships made with people they would never have met without the club. I sometimes liken it to the TV show Cheers when you walk into the Bar/Dining area and ‘everyone knows your name’.
~ D.R. - WGC Member
Who we are:
- Private member-owned golf club
- Located in Westerly, Rhode Island
- Environmental stewards of the land on which our club is located
What we’ve got:
- Waterfront 9-hole golf course
- Casual & Formal restaurants
- Fitness center
- Wedding & Event venues
Our true story...
- We are fiercely committed to protecting the precious land on which our club is so fortunately located
- We are a family of close friends, colleagues, golfers, parents and grandparents, children, foodies and general fun enthusiasts
- We cherish the salt-pond views, a mindfully maintained golf course and grilling on the patio on Sunday afternoons
Simply one of the best 9-hole golf courses in New England.
Scratch and low handicap golfers are challenged by:
- Links design with Scottish style bunkers
- Undulating greens that blend in with the land
- Holes framed by native fescue
- Natural landward and seaward winds
Novice and junior players can truly enjoy learning the game with a very manageable course length.
We are extremely proud to be a part of the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf "an award winning education and certification program that helps golf courses protect our environment and preserve the natural heritage of the game of golf". Our dedication to land preservation is reflected in every aspect of our course management philosophy.
Local. Seasonal. A true “from scratch” dining experience.
Grab a stool at the Pub, a chair on the Deck or relax at an intimate table in the Dining Room. Regardless of where you choose to dine, you always have options to enjoy diverse, creative dishes.
Our culinary team is extremely inventive and always looking to provide modern dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Executive Chef Dan Murillo works with local partners like Blackbird Farm and Schartner Farm to purchase the freshest ingredients that allow him to continually create innovative menu offerings.
We are an active bunch. Access to an executive fitness center with modern equipment is important to the healthy lifestyle of our members. Our fitness center and locker rooms include all of the services needed to ensure members can always get in a good workout in at the club.
Special Events & Club Events
Members and guests want to host their lifetime events here. Why wouldn’t they, when breathtaking views and ocean breezes are a part of every wedding or special event.
From start to finish we provide full-service for any type of event:
- Weddings - say your I do’s overlooking Winnapaug Pond
- Special Events - anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, rehearsal dinners - members let the club plan these unforgettable events
- Club Events - family barbecues, theme dinners, tournament luncheons and cocktail parties, to mention just a few of the events scheduled on the club’s calendar